Adding an image to a space
Images are uploaded to spaces and can then be inserted into any page in that space.
- On any page in your space click "Manage Space"
- Click "List and Upload Files"
- Browse to select your file then click "Send File"
Including an image that has already been uploaded
- Insert the following code [[``image:imagename``]] into your page, where imagename is the file name of the image as it was uploaded. (Note that file names are case sensitive).
- The image will appear on your page when you are finished editing
Finding out what images are available on your space
- When logged in and on a page in your space, click "Manage Space" on the left hand side
- Click on "List files"
Including external images
You can also include images not hosted on Wikispaces. Use the same image tag and reference a URL, for example:
|image:imagename||| File:Www-wikispaces-logo.gif||include uploaded image|
|width"pixel"||| File:Www-wikispaces-logo.gif width="50"||determine width of image|
|height"pixel"||| File:Www-wikispaces-logo.gif height="80"||determine height of image|
|align"left"||| File:Www-wikispaces-logo.gif align="left"||Float the image to the left and wrap the text around it|
|align"right"||[[image:www-wikispaces-logo.gif align'''"right"]]||Float the image to the right and wrap the text around it|
|align"center"||| File:Www-wikispaces-logo.gif align="center"||Center the image in the middle of the page or table cell|
|link"page"||| File:Www-wikispaces-logo.gif link="image tags"||Make the image a link to another page or URL|
|caption"an image caption"||| File:Www-wikispaces-logo.gif caption="This is the Wikispaces logo"||Adds a caption for the image|
The image link attribute uses the same syntax as the link tag. The following are all valid:
|page name alone||[[image:www-wikispaces-logo.gif link="image tags"]]|
|space:page name||[[image:www-wikispaces-logo.gif link="www:image tags"]]|
|full URL||[[image:www-wikispaces-logo.gif link="http://www.wikispaces.com/page/edit/image+tags"]]|